Active User Data is one of several reports available on the Reports dashboard of the Admin Portal. It is accessible by Community Admins and other designated administrative users on the web only. The Reports dashboard gives you easy access to metrics that demonstrate your users’ engagement on the app. It also provides you with powerful insights to drive your content and communication strategies for Raftr.
Active User Data is particularly useful for spotting trends in Raftr engagement by day, week, month, and year by tracking high-level user data.
Accessing Active User Data
To access Active User Data, go to the Admin Portal and select the Reports dashboard. Once there, click on Community Name - Active User Data in the Reports menu on the left-hand side of your screen. If you do not see this report and believe you should, reach out to your Success Manager or contact us.
Community Admins have full access to view, download, and share analytics with campus partners. Department Admins and Community Collaborators have view-only access to all Reports. Safety Feature Admins do not have access to the Reports dashboard. Learn more about permission levels here.
Filtering Metrics in Active User Data
You can view metrics for a specific period of time by filtering the Date Range in the top right corner of the screen. The default view for metrics in Active User Data is the last full calendar month (e.g. if the date is April 22, 2022, the default range is May 1-31, 2022).
Downloading Metrics from Active User Data
Community Admins can download individual Active User Data metrics by hovering over a specific metric, then selecting the More (...) icon and Export. You can download metrics to a .csv, .xlsx, or Google Sheets file.
If you would like a .pdf copy of the full report, please contact your Success Manager.
We strongly recommend that you download all metrics before you bulk remove content or members from your Raftr community so you have this data for your records. Content and members removed from your community are not included in any Raftr Reports, including Active User Data.
Interpreting Metrics in Active User Data
Active User Data includes high-level engagement metrics such as Active Users, User Sessions, Average Session Duration, and Sessions Per User. It also includes interactive charts of Daily Active Users (DAU), Weekly Active Users (WAU), and Monthly Active Users (MAU).
Understanding the meaning of metrics included in the Active User Data will help you to draw valuable insights from them. For example, the number of active users is one of the key metrics we use to evaluate the overall success, or health, of your Raftr community.
Below is a summary of all metrics included in Active User Data:
- Active Users — Number of unique users who visit or interact in your community within a specified time period. Divide by # of activated users to get a % engagement rate, providing insight into how many users are active on the platform.
- User Sessions — Number of user sessions in your community within a specified time period. Includes multiple sessions by a single user, providing insight into how frequently users access the platform.
- Average Session Durations — Average duration of sessions in your community within a specified time period. Averages the length of time of all sessions, giving a snapshot of how long users remain in the app each time they access it.
- Number of Sessions Per User — Number of sessions per user in your community within a specified time period. Divides total sessions by number of active users, showing how many times each user accesses the app on average.
- Daily Active Users — Daily Active Users, or “DAU,” is a term used for the total number of users who visit and interact in your community in a single day. When reported over a span of time (e.g. a month for monthly reports), the number reported is the average daily number across that period of time.
- Weekly Active Users — Weekly Active Users, or “WAU,” is a term used for the total number of users who visit and interact in your community over the course of 7 days. When reported over a span of time greater than one week (e.g. a month for monthly reports), the number reported is the average number across that period of time.
- Monthly Active Users — Monthly Active Users, or “MAU,” is a term used for the total number of users who visit and engage in your community over the course of 30 days.