Accessing the Member Management Dashboard
To access the Member Management dashboard, go to the Admin Portal and select the Members button on the top navigation bar. If you do not see this option and believe you should, reach out to your Success Manager or contact us.
Adding New Members from the Dashboard
(NOTE: Only Community Admins and Department Admins have permission to add members to their community.)
To add one or more members to your community, select the Add a member button in the top right of the dashboard. You will see two options.
- Add a Member 一 Add an individual member
- Import / Upload Members 一 Add multiple members at once using a spreadsheet template
To add new members in bulk, choose the Import / Upload Members option from the Add a member button dropdown menu. You will be prompted to download the Import Template. If you have already downloaded and filled in the template, you can click the Import Wizard link to skip directly to the upload screen.
By clicking the Download CSV Template button, you will download a .ZIP file including a folder with two .CSV files: an example file with details and instructions on how to fill in the rows and columns; and a blank template.
(NOTE: You must have a file in the correct format in order to upload new members in bulk. If you run into trouble, you can reach out to your Success Manager to ensure a smooth upload process.)
The Import Template spreadsheet should have eight default columns.
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- Email (required)
- Account Type (required)
- Class Year (optional, only used for Student and Alumni user types)
- Student ID (optional, only used for Student user types)
- Phone Number (optional, useful for SMS Announcements)
- Tags (optional, useful for bulk management of Raft and Channel memberships)
Include the information for each member you want to add in a row.
Once you have a template of users you want to create, return to the Member Management dashboard and select the Import / Upload Members option once again.
From there, click the Import Wizard link. You will be prompted to drag and drop your member list file, or click to open your computer's file selector. You will see a progress bar as it is verified. If it is not formatted correctly, you will receive instructions on how to fix it. Otherwise, your file will continue to upload.
Once your file has been uploaded, the system will begin creating the new accounts. This may take some time. You will receive an email once the process has been completed letting you know how many accounts were successfully created and which, if any, were unable to be created due to invalid information.
Editing Members from the Dashboard
(NOTE: Only Community Admins and Department Admins have permission to bulk edit members in their community.)
To edit details for multiple members at once, select the checkboxes next to the names of all of the members you want to edit. You will not be able to change the names, contact information, or User Type in bulk. However, you will see a number of options, including the following editing tasks:
- Edit Premium Raft Membership 一 This option opens the Manage Premium Rafts menu. You will see a list of Premium Rafts in your community with a Choose dropdown menu next to each name. There is also a search bar to look up a specific Raft. Click Choose and select Join selected to add all selected members to that Raft. Select Remove selected to remove all selected members from that Raft.
- Edit Premium Channel Membership 一 This option opens the Manage Premium Raft Channels menu. You will see a list of the Channels for the Premium Rafts that all selected members are joined to. There is also a search bar to look up a specific Channel. If the status in the Membership column says Add to Channel, select the (+) icon to add all members to that Channel. If the status says Joined, select the check mark to remove all members from that Channel. Click the Save button to confirm your choices.
- Manage Community Access 一 This option opens the Manage Communities menu. You will see a list of any additional communities where you have permission to manage membership. If the status in the Access column says Give Access, click on the (+) icon to add all selected members to the community immediately. If the status says Access Enabled, hover over it to see the Remove Access link. Click Remove Access to remove the selected members from the listed community immediately. Click the Save button to confirm your choices. (NOTE: Only Community Admins can manage multi-community access. Contact your Success Manager if you have a multi-community contract and do not see additional communities listed.)
Removing Members from the Dashboard
At this time, administrative users can only remove one member from the community at a time. (Learn how to remove an individual member here.) To remove multiple members from your community at once, reach out to your Success Manager.