There are plenty of ways to share Events you find on Raftr. Select the Share button and distribute within or outside your Raftr community.
Sharing Events Within Raftr
- Send as Message — Choose a Channel you’re a member of and share the Event in that Channel. You cannot share a private Event outside of the Raft or Channel it was created in, but you can share a private Raft Event on a Channel within the same Raft. No Events can be shared as a direct message (DM).
- Share to Raft — Share an existing Event as a Post in a Raft you’re a member of. You can include a note in your Post text field, and add topics to help others learn more about the Event. If you have the permissions, you can choose multiple Rafts to broadcast the Event to extend your promotional efforts.
- Share as an Announcement — Select the Raft you want to send the Announcement to, and craft a new message to accompany the Event you’re promoting to members of the Raft. Choose when you’d like the Announcements to go live and the delivery method you’d like to use – push notifications, email, or "Only pin to Community Page." Then, determine which audience you want to receive the Announcement: either all Raft members, members who are online, or select specific members to send it to. The Share as an Announcement option is only available to Community Space Admins.
Sharing Events Outside of Raftr
- Share outside Raftr: On mobile, this option shares the Event within other apps, including messages and email.
- Share within an email: On web, this option automatically generates an email linking to the Event.
- Copy Link: On web, this option copies a link to the Event.
- Export to Calendar: This option saves the event to a personal calendar such as Google Calendar, iCal, or Outlook.