Accessing the Member Management Dashboard
To access the Member Management dashboard, go to the Admin Portal and select the Members button on the top navigation bar. If you do not see this option and believe you should, reach out to your Success Manager or contact us.
About the Member Management Dashboard
Managing the members of your community is possibly one of the most important tools in the Community Admin tool belt. This dashboard makes it easy to add, edit, remove, and generally manage your members' data. There are a number of different fields available to view:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Rafts 一 The number of groups that a member is joined to
- Raft Channels 一 The number of subgroups that a member is joined to
- Graduation Year 一 This is the intended year a student will graduate and is an optional field for members with the Student and Alumni user type.
- Student ID 一 Included in some cases for members with a Student account type
- Account Type 一 The role that the user signed up under. Each community has different types and defaults permitted.
- Tags 一 Custom groupings assigned by Community Admins that can be used to assign Raft or Channel membership or filter insights
- Account Created 一 When the member's account was created
- Any Status 一 Shows the account status for a given member
- Claimed - Means the user created their own account or if an account was created for them, they have logged in at least once
- Unclaimed - Means the user had their account created for them and has not logged in yet
- Banned - Means a user has been permanently removed from the community, but still has an account
Member Management Permissions
Community Admins and Department Admins can view, sort, and filter the members list, as well as send reminders to members to claim their accounts. They can also add, remove, and update certain fields of any individual or any group of members. The following fields can be edited:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID
- Account Type
- Phone Number
- Premium Raft Memberships
- Premium Channel Memberships
- Additional Community Membership** (NOTE: Only available for Community Admins of multiple communities)
An admin's own account will be filtered from the list in all cases. Please reach out to your Success Manager if you need to make a change to your own account that can't be completed in the app. Learn more about permission levels here.
Sorting and Filtering Your Members List
Most sections on the Member Management dashboard can be used to filter or sort your members list to focus on a specific subset of members.
You can sort the list using the following categories.
- First Name 一 Alphabetically or reverse alphabetically
- Last Name 一 Alphabetically or reverse alphabetically
- Graduation Year 一 Chronologically or reverse chronologically
You can filter the list using the following categories. In addition to filtering, Community Admins can select all filtered members by using the checkbox on the header row of the dashboard.
- Rafts 一 Filter the list to only show members of a specific Raft
- Account Type 一 Filter the list to only show members of a specific Account Type
- Tags 一 Filter the list to only show members with a specific tag
- Account Created 一 Filter the list to only show members whose accounts were created during a specific time frame
- Any Status 一 Filter the list to only show members with Claimed, Unclaimed, or Banned accounts
Downloading Your Members List
You can download the full list of your community members and the information included for them on the Member Management dashboard as a spreadsheet. Select the Download button (the button with the down arrow pointing into a box that sits between the Search and Add a member buttons). Choose whether you want to download the list as a CSV document or an Excel file.
You can also download a membership list for a specific Raft. Use the Rafts filter on the dashboard and choose the Raft you want a list for. Once the filter has been enabled, click the Download button. The file you export will include a filtered list of members from that Raft. (NOTE: All other filters besides Rafts will not be enforced when the list is downloaded. All fields will be included as individual columns.)
Searching Your Members List
Use the Search button at the top of the Member Management dashboard to find a specific member or a group of members. The list will update as you type within the Search field. The following fields are searchable within the dashboard.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID
Sending Reminder Emails
After creating accounts for members of your community, you can remind them to log in and claim their accounts by sending them a reminder email directly from the Member Management dashboard. You can tell if a member has claimed their account or not by viewing the Status column on the far right of the Member Management dashboard. Members who still need to log in and activate their accounts will have the status Unclaimed.
Sending a Reminder Email to an Individual Member
There are three ways to send a reminder email.
- The first is to click on the Unclaimed field in the Status column for that individual member. This is available to Community Admins with Read Only permissions as well as Write-All permissions.
- The second is only available to Community Admins with Write-All permissions. Select the checkbox next to the name of the member you want to remind to claim their account. From the menu of options on the right of the screen, select Send Reminder to Claim Account.
- The third is also only available to Community Admins with Write-All permissions. Select the "More menu" (...) icon to the left of the member's first name on the dashboard. From the dropdown menu of options, select Send Reminder to Claim Account.
Sending a Reminder Email to an Multiple Members
(NOTE: Only Community Admins and Department Admins can send a reminder email to multiple members.)
Select the checkboxes next to the names of the members you want to remind to claim their account. From the menu of options on the right of the screen, select Send Reminder to Claim Account.
To send a reminder to all members with Unclaimed Accounts, you can filter by account status. Click the Any Status column filter icon and choose Unclaimed. Your members list will filter to only show the members who have yet to log into an account created for them. Select the checkbox in the header row on the far left of the Member Management dashboard to select all unclaimed members. Then click Send Reminder to Claim Account in the sidebar on the right.
Sending Password Resets
(NOTE: Only Community Admins and Department Admins can send Password Reset email.)
If a member is having trouble logging into their account, you can send them a password reset email to create a new login password.
Select the "More menu" (...) icon to the left of the member's first name on the dashboard. From the dropdown menu of options, select Send password recovery email. This will send the user an email with a link to change their password.
(NOTE: For security reasons, Raftr members cannot manually change their own passwords at this time.)