Gain valuable insights and attendance metrics by utilizing the Event Check-In feature to track attendance at your Events in Raftr. Attendance tracking is available as a premium add-on. Once enabled for your community, it is available to Leaders and Co-leaders of Premium Rafts.
To confirm if you have attendance tracking enabled for your account, create an Event and look for the Check-in attendees option in the composer. To enable attendance tracking, toggle on that option. You will then get a variety of different check-in and verification options to choose from.
Once you enable attendance tracking, you will get the option to Allow Self Check-In. This gives your attendees the ability to check themselves in without verification by a Raft Admin. The Event creator can enable this option with a toggle and choose from several different options for self check-in. Select the default to see the menu of different options.
- No Verification (Manual registration) 一 This is the default option. When this is enabled, attendees can check themselves in at any point during the check-in window. This is a great option for virtual or low-staffed Events.
- Self Check-In with QR Code and Location 一 This is the most flexible option for self check-in, combining both QR code check-in and Location-based check-in (see below for details of both options). (NOTE: You need to assign a location for your Event before you can enable location-based self check-in.)
- QR Code Only 一 Self check-in with QR code provides your Event with a unique code that attendees can scan with a built-in scanner within the Raftr iOS and Android apps. The QR code will appear on the Event details screen for Admin using the Web platform. Selecting the "More menu" (...) icon in the top right of the Self Check-In section next to the QR code offers additional display options. You can download the QR code and print it out, or you can enable Kiosk Mode, which displays the QR code on a monitor (this can even be a larger monitor such as a scoreboard or jumbotron). Once the check-in window has started, attendees can go to the Event in Raftr and select the Check-In button. If using the mobile app, they will see a button that says Check-In by Code. Selecting that button will open the QR scanner that they can use to check themselves in.
- Location Only 一 Self check-in by location allows attendees to automatically check themselves in when they arrive at the location of an Event, as long as they are using a mobile device with location services enabled. Admins must assign a location for the Event before they can enable this option. Once a location has been selected and the check-in window has started, attendees can select the Check-in button on the Event to see a Check-In with Location button. Selecting that button will open a map view and their device's GPS. If their location matches the Event location, they will get a message saying they are checked in. This option is only available for attendees using the iOS or Android app.
Sometimes it makes more sense to have Admins or staff check in attendees themselves, so we offer several options for Admin Check-In. These are available both with and without self check-in enabled, so even if you allow attendees to check themselves in, admins can still track attendance.
- Mobile App QR Check-In 一 In addition to the QR code available for each Event, each member in a Raftr community has a unique QR code that can be used by Admins to track their attendance. Event creators using the iOS or Android app can select the Check In Attendees button on the Event screen, which will open a built-in scanner. When attendees select Check In on their devices, they will get a QR code with their name on it. Event admins can scan those codes to automatically check in those attendees to the Event.
- Manual Check-In 一 Event admins always have the option to manually check in any attendee to an Event. This is a great option if attendees don't have their devices or if an admin is using the Web platform to track attendance. To manually check in an attendee from the Web platform, select Check In Attendees or the plus (+) button on the right sidebar of the Event details screen. To access it from the iOS or Android mobile app, select Check-In Attendee, then instead of using the scanner, select the Manually look up member button. From there, you will see a list of community members. Tap any name to track that person's attendance, or use the search bar to find someone specific.