Leaders and Co-leaders of Premium Rafts have the option to send on-demand push notifications via the Announcements feature within Raftr. Each Premium Raft is limited to two notifications per day, but Announcements can also be scheduled in advance.
You can send a notification that opens existing content, or you can link to brand new content that’s published at the time of the notification. You can also duplicate an existing scheduled or sent Announcement as a starting point for a new Announcement.
Step-by-Step Directions for Creating Announcements
Open the Announcements composer from the Admin Tools section of the navigation sidebar, the +Create button on the platform header, the Announcement tab on a Raft, or from the "add new" (+) button at the bottom of any Raft page. (NOTE: If you don't see this option, you may not have permissions to create Announcements. Please contact your Account Manager to see if you have the correct permissions.)
- Choose a Raft to send your Announcement to from the Choose Raft dropdown menu (you will only be able to select from Premium Rafts).
- In the Announcement Message field, write what you wish to appear in the notification itself. This is the text that will pop up on users’ devices. The message has a character limit based on the delivery method, and it supports emojis.
- In the Send to section, you can search for an existing Post, Poll, Event, or advanced content type on your Raft, or you can select the Create new link to compose a new regular Post. This is where your community members will be directed to once they open the notification.
- Under Customize, choose from a variety of delivery options.
- The Delivery Window is when your Announcement will be sent to your selected members. The default time is Now. To change it, select the down arrow next to Delivery Window and choose from a variety of predetermined send times, or pick Choose date and time to select from a calendar the exact date and time you want it to go out. You can also save it as a draft to revisit later.
- The Delivery Method' is how your recipients will view the Announcement. The default option is sending a push notification. You can also choose to send the Announcement as an email; choose Pin it to the Campus page if you want your community members to view it but not receive it directly; or choose to send it as an SMS/text message. (SMS delivery is a Premium feature, so if you are interested, reach out to your Account Manager.)
- The Audience option lets you choose between all members of the Raft, online members only, or a specific group of members to receive the Announcement.
- The Pin to Campus page option lets you display your Announcement message directly on your Campus page no matter which delivery method you select.
- Finally, select Share to send your Announcement (or Schedule if you are scheduling it for the future) to your selected audience.
- You can view all of the Announcements you've sent, scheduled, or saved from the various subpages of the Announcements composer.
A limited version of the Announcements composer is available on our app. To access it:
- Open the composer by selecting the Announcement button from the "add new" (+) button on the Home page or Raft pages.
- Select the Raft you want to send your Announcement to (you must choose a Premium Raft).
- In the Notification field, write what you wish to appear in the notification itself. This is the text that will pop up on users’ devices. The message has a 60 character limit, and it supports emojis.
- In the Send to section, select Create to compose a new regular Post. This is where your community members will be directed once they open the notification.
- Under Customize, the Delivery Window options let you select when to send your Announcement to your community. The default time is Now. To change it, select the down arrow next to Now and pick Choose date and time. Select your preferred send time from the calendar.
- Then select Share to send your Announcement to all Raft members.