Polls are an easy, fun, and interactive way to foster engagement, assessment, and gather opinions across your community. When creating a Poll, you can add between two and ten options for other members to vote on. Poll items can include optional images. Additionally, Poll creators have the ability to decide if a Poll is anonymous or whether voters names are shared, select an end date and time, and choose to send an automated reminder via push notification that the Poll is about to end.
Polls can be created as Posts or as messages on a Channel.
Creating a Poll
- Question — To create a Poll, start by adding your question. There’s a 200 character limit for this field, so keep it as succinct as possible.
- Description — Use this space to introduce or explain your prompt in further detail.
- Options — You are required to include at least two options to vote on. Each option has a 50 character limit. You can also add an image to the option. To add more options, click the add new (+) button. You can include up to ten options.
- Reminder — Select the Reminder button, if you want users to receive a reminder to vote. Reminder options include: 1 hour before, 1 day before, and 1 week before.
- Set Date — The default length of time that people can vote on a Poll is one week. Select the 1 Week button to customize the length of time your Poll will be active.
- Visibility — Select the Show button to determine if you would like to show or hide voter names.
- Scheduling — Raftr Admins publishing a Poll to a Premium Raft can also schedule for it to go live at a future date.
- Download Results — Once your Poll is live you are able to view and download results. Note: If vote names are hidden, names will not be included in your exported CSV.
You can also add topics and attach a file. Once you select a Raft to publish the Poll in, select Post now when you are ready to publish.
(NOTE: To maintain the integrity and accuracy of voting, once you publish your Poll, you cannot edit it but you can delete it and create a new one.)