About the Campus Page
The Campus page is the front door into any community, and is highly customizable to create a unique experience for each campus or organization. You can even customize the name of the page in the navigation. The Campus page is where Community Admins can curate the most important resources or timely happenings in your community. It can be customized using combinations of dynamic sections that provide automatic updates and changing content.
Communities with multiple departments may also have separate Department pages managed by Department Admins in addition to their main Campus page (if this is available in your community).
To customize an Campus page, select from a combination of the following sections:
- Cover Highlight 一 A single image, map, welcome message, or Extension that appears at the top of the Campus page or a Department page. Only one Cover Highlight may appear on any Department page.
- Raft Spotlight 一 A section that showcases the members, content, and Channels of a single specific Raft on the Campus Page. The Raft Spotlight is a great option for highlighting a core Raft and important content, and can be collapsed by users or expanded to view full content. Only one Raft Spotlight may appear on any Department page.
- Manually Selected Posts and/or Events 一 Select a list of specific Posts and Events to appear within a section; not dynamic.
- Manually Selected Posts and/or Extensions 一 Select a list of specific Posts and Extensions to appear within a section; not dynamic.
- Manually Selected Extensions 一 Select a list of specific Extensions to appear within a section; not dynamic.
- Recent Posts and Events 一 A changing list of recently published Posts and Events; dynamic.
- Open Polls 一 A changing list of all Polls that members can vote on; dynamic.
- Trending Events 一 Events from all public Rafts sorted and displayed by trending / hot (those with the most engagement); dynamic.
- Trending Posts 一 Posts from all public Rafts sorted and displayed by trending / hot (those with the most engagement); dynamic.
- Upcoming Events 一 Events from all public Rafts sorted and displayed by Event time with the soonest first; dynamic.
- Manually Selected Rafts 一 Select a list of specific Rafts to appear within a section; not dynamic.
- Joinable Rafts 一 A list of Rafts that the viewer is not a member of and can join; dynamic.
- Member Rafts 一 A list of Rafts that the viewer is a member of; dynamic.
- Trending Rafts 一 All Rafts sorted and displayed by trending / hot (those with the most engagement); dynamic.
- Manually Selected People 一 A list of specific people (e.g. staff or student leaders) that you want to highlight in a community; not dynamic.
- Everyone 一 A list of all members in your community in random order; dynamic.
- Trending People 一 A list of community members sorted and displayed by who's trending (those with the most engagement and activity); dynamic.
Editing the Campus Page
Editing the Campus page is only possible from the web version of Raftr. Community Admins can assign editors to the Campus page and individual Department pages from the Admin Portal.
If you have edit access to a Campus page or a Department page, you will see an "edit" (pencil, ✏) icon under your Campus page header. Select the "edit" (pencil, ✏) icon to view your edit options. Choosing the Edit Campus Page Name (remember, the name can be customized) option will show you all of the various options.
- Cover Highlight 一 Add or edit the Cover Highlight by adding a title and description, then choose between an image, map, or Extension.
- Add a New Section 一 Also while in the Edit view of the Department page, you can create a new section to appear on the page. Choose between a content, Raft, people, or Raft Spotlight section. Once you've selected a section to create, give it a title and choose the specific content.
- Editing Sections 一 You can order the existing sections on the page by selecting the up and down arrows at the top of each section. You can also select the “more” menu (...) to edit, reorder, or hide a section.
At this time, there is no way to fully delete a section. However, when you hide a section, community members will not see it. You can restore something you've hidden to your visible page by viewing the Hidden Sections link.
When you're done editing the Campus page, make sure you click Save in the upper right hand corner! If you don't want to save your changes, select the "close" (X) button on the top left.
Clicking on the "edit" (pencil, ✏) icon and selecting Manage Pages will take you to the Campus Pages menu on the Content Dashboard of the Admin Portal. There you will be able to rename your page, add editors, or change the visibility. If your community has multiple Department pages included, you can add, edit, and reorder pages from this menu as well.
Share Campus Page
Get a direct link to any Campus or Department page by clicking on the "edit" (pencil, ✏) icon next to the list of page names and selecting Share Page. This will automatically copy the direct link to the page to your computer's clipboard, allowing you to paste it wherever you want.